Thursday, May 25, 2006

Made Some Points

Well, another league game is over. Made it to fourth place, which is good for points, but not enough to make money. I think I could have gone further if I hadn't let TP bluff me off a huge hand. It was all my fault though. Check out the thread here for what happened.

I really want to win one of these league games, but I'm finding it very difficult. For the most part, everyone playing is about the same skill level as me or just a little better. But then there are a few people like TP, Zybomb, JD who are just way over my head when it comes to poker. It will be a long time yet before I can even compare to their skill level. And anytime I get into a hand with them, I get "stuck". Especially TP, see the above paragraph. I kinda freeze up whenever I enter a pot with them. I think it's because I'm trying to think at their skill level and I'm just not ready yet. Maybe, I should continue to play my game and keep learning from these games. But then, if I don't try to think like them, I'm not getting any better am I?

No comments: