Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Quick Session

So, I played a little more limit today. I actually decided to sit down at a $.10/$.20 table. Honestly, when I started to test the limit waters, I figured I would fail miserably and would never move up any limits. At first, I did start out awful, but I seem to be getting the hang of this thing. Or, I could be a complete donkey and I'm just on an upswing.

Part of the reason for moving up at Stars was at Party I was playing the .10/.20 limit. It was the only way I could clear the raked hands and not completely bust my bankroll. As well, after the last league game, a bunch of us from the forum joined a table. Anyway, in both cases, I seemed to do fairly well. Even against those donkeys from TalkingPoker.

And the final and biggest reason I moved up, was hand #4,960,000,000 was coming up at PokerStars (if you don't know what this is, check out their website for their latest promotion). It looks like because of this promotion, all the micro limit and NL tables are jammed with 15+ people on the waiting list. These are 1 cent up to 5 cent limits. I guess there are a lot of people out there who want to win the money at little to no cost. To be honest, while I was playing, in the back of my mind I was hoping one of my two tables whould hit that all important hand. But, if it didn't, Oh well. So, .10/.20 limit, was the lowest tables that didn't have a waiting list.

I played for about an hour. I would have played longer, but once the payout hand had passed, both my tables immediately emptied. I guess, they were all chasing the prize too. I had a good run again though. At my one table, I ended up in what had to be the best seat. To my right was a loose passive player. Entered almost every pot and liked to call down to the river. I ended up in a couple hands against him and he just couldn't wait to give me his money. I ended up plus over $3 at that table and I think 90% of it was his money. The other table was just okay. I was up and down at it. I'd win a pot, then lose a pot. Still ended up plus though and that's the most important thing.

No comments: