Sunday, June 25, 2006

TPFL II: Game 16

Ok, I've made points in the last two league games. This one and the last one. The last league kinda frustrated me. I was doing really well, and on my way to win, when I made a stupid call against de-coder, to end up out in fourth.

I definitely made up for it this game. Unfortunately, the field was much smaller, being scheduled for a Saturday. I made it to second place. I know I played well, but I can't believe I made it, I think that being there was only 7 players really helped. I was massively card dead for most of the game. I was running poker tracker during the game, but my VPIP didn't end up in the double digits until about 3 or 4 of us were left.

I knew when I ended up HU, it wasn't likely that I'd win. I needed a couple double ups as I only had about 1400 in chips and of course, eej had the rest. First hand I was dealt QTo. HU, I figure this isn't a bad hand and decide to push with it. It was funny when eej flipped AA. Of course, he gets dealt the best starting hand in our first hand of HU when I need to make a move as soon as possible. Oh well. Second is still good. I will just have to keep trying for that first place and it'll be better when it's a bigger field of players.

2 comments:

ashmc2 said...

Good job. I need to hit these last 4. I've really been lax in my making it to the games.

One thing. Tell Rob to get rid of his visual verification feature. It doesn't work. 3 times now I've tried to leave him a message but can't. Yours works BTW, but his doesn't.

Later and keep up the good work.

Nikita said...

Thanks ash. I've let Rob know.