Friday, July 21, 2006

I've been thinking...

Ok, so last night, I finished clearing my "last" bonus at Doyle's Room. I say last in quotes as I do have some to clear still, but I gave up on Titan and Full Tilt. I just play too small of limits to make it worth while. As well, for whatever reason, I was losing more money than I would make in the bonus at both sites. If I ever get a bigger bankroll (not likely in the near future as I withdraw a lot of what I win to put in our bank account), I might go back if they have reload bonuses.

Although, working on these bonuses have really made me wonder. What is my true skill level at poker? At Doyle's Room, I would play mainly 10c/20c limit, but if no one was playing those stakes I would move down to 5c/10c. As an aside, you can tell how small the site is compared to others when at some times during the day there was no one playing 10c/20c limit. Anyway, when playing those limits, I would just cream them. A couple times I doubled my buy-in and I think I left down only once or twice(suckouts are fun! :) ). But playing at these limits, the bonus wasn't clearing very fast. It wasn't as tedious as at Full Tilt or Titan, in which I had to play 25c/50c, but still relatively slow. So, if I was up $10 or $15 I'd move up to 25c/50c limit. Yeah, that never worked well. Everytime I did, I'd lose that $10-$15 I just won at the lower levels. Grrr....

So what does this mean? Is my skill level set at 10c/20c right now? Should I keep trying 25c/50c? Even though it is costing me money? I don't know. I do know that I have to wait before trying again, the last attempt definitely put me on tilt at that level. I also wondering if I should go back to NL, I do prefer it to limit. But, with my bankroll, I couldn't even think of playing at a 25c/50c NL table. The safest limit would probably be 5c/10c or just pushing it at 10c/25c. Poker just sucks sometimes.

No comments: