Saturday, July 08, 2006

Party Bonus

Party Poker was offering up another deposit bonus, so of course I took them up on their offer. I've built up my roll quite a bit from this bonus whoring, so I was able to deposit $140 for a $21 bonus. I just had to play 210 raked hands.

The first couple bonus' I had at Party, I was able to play at their beginner's tables. Well, it turns out, you can only play at those tables for a limited period of time and I guess my time has run out. So I had to chose between 0.50c/$1 Limit or 0.10c/0.25c NL. I haven't really played at these limits before so I wasn't sure if I should try to clear the bonus or not. I didn't want to be playing with scared money.

I tried the limit first and within an hour ran through almost $10. Yeah, that wasn't good since my roll right now is just that $140 (I have almost $200 on Stars as well, but I need one buy-in for the league tourney and I've also decided to buy a share of TP for the WSOP, so unless TP cashes, that money is gone). So I figured I would move to the NL and just play super tight.

That seemed to work. I think it also helped that I was dealt QQ 5 times, AQ 3 times and KK 3 times within about 200 hands. And the key to getting those hands, is they actually held up! So when I finally cleared my bonus, I was also up $36. So that profitted me $57! Not bad for one day of playing poker.

No comments: