Friday, July 28, 2006

Too Much Tilt

Ok, so as you are aware, I've been playing 25c/50c Limit at Poker.com. I started out well, I was up $25 in about 2 days. Which for me is really good. Then I quickly lost that profit in one session the next day. Alot of it was variance. If I'd catch trips, someone would have the case card with a better kicker. If I would catch a straight, the guy chasing a backdoor flush would complete on the river. But, I've come to realize the rest of the loss was due to tilt. I hate losing. I REALLY hate losing. Rob can attest to this. I am an extremely competitive person and in any game I play, I have to be the winner. I do realize that in poker you can't win every session, that it's the long term you have to think of. But man, when you play well and an idiot wins due to luck, it's hard not to get angry. I'm working on not tilting, but this last week has made me realize I have a long way to go. But, the good news is, if I do get better at not going on tilt, I will lose less and likely win more.

1 comment:

ashmc2 said...

The best way to not go on tilt is to realize that there are outs for a reason and for the right % of the time they are going to hit those outs. All you can do is make the right dicision, not be results oriented, and let the odds do the rest. Make solid plays and in the long run you will be a winning player Nakita. GL and believe me I know it sucks to be suckedout on.