Sunday, October 15, 2006

Poker Night Recap

Well, Rob and I hosted yet another home game last night at our place. As usual, it was a $10 buy-in NLHE tournament. There were only 11 of us, but it was still a great night.

Since, I was schedule a 4 day week-end, I decided I would enjoy the night with a few beers. I'm sure this affected my game, but it's all for fun anyway. Neither Rob or I made it to the money this time. I'm not sure when Rob busted, but I bubbled. The big stack at the table, had the other three of us covered and was using that to his advantage by bullying. He was in the SB and I was in the BB. When the flop came, he bet out as usual and since I had caught bottom pair, I figured I would push. It just so happens that this hand, he actually had a piece of the flop, a top pair piece. Oh well, I was half drunk by that time and I'm surprised I made it even that far with my senses clouded.

By this time, there was a 5c/10c cash game going on at the other table, so I decide to join. The money was just flying back and forth across this table. And there were alot of all-ins. This meant rebuying back in. I have no idea how much money was on that table after it was all said and done, but I'm wondering if there was more money being played for in the cash game than the tournament. Final tally, Craig Mooney left with about $20 or $30 bucks, Brent left up about $14 (plus he came in second in the tourney), and Rob did us well and won about $30 at the cash game. I was down a $5 buy-in.

No comments: