Sunday, October 01, 2006

Quad Nines

Although, I decided not to join the league, I played in the opening league game tonight. I registered just as the first hand gets dealt and what do I see before me? The kiss of death, pocket kings. Well, I think to myself, here's to going out first hand. Surprisingly enough, my all in on a rag flop gets my opponent to fold and I jump to an early chip lead.

Later in the tournament, I get dealt pocket nines in the SB. I had actually been dealt a few raising hands in the SB prior to this hand, so I raise as I figure New Guy who is sitting in the BB, might think I'm just stealing. He calls and amazingly, I flop two nines. That's right, quads on the flop. I check, he bets. Turn I check, he checks--damn I was hoping for another bet or push. River I have to bet out. He folds and I have to show.

Then with only five people left, I'm dealt AJo in EP. Now the final table has been agressive pre-flop. There was rarely a flop seen since almost every hand, the first person to enter the pot, entered it with a raise. I raise, but Boobie re-raises me all-in. Now, I know he is quite capable of of re-raising with a broad range of hands. I'm pretty sure I'm not dominated. So, I decide I'm okay with risking the tourney on this hand. Well, Boobie flips over pockets nines. I flop a J, but he catches a 9 on that same flop. Not good for me. Funny thing, the turn gives him the fourth nine.

Early in the game, I win with quad nines only to be eliminated later in the game by quad nines.

No comments: