Sunday, February 25, 2007

Home Game Report

It was poker night again last night. We had a couple new players players, but still only about 13 in total. I ended up at the donkey table; no one was raising pre flop and post flop the bets were typically just min bets.

I was having difficulties with my hands holding up. First, I slow play a set to have Jen catch her better set on the river to win a lot of my chips. Then I hit TPGK and bet hard to have Julie (new player to both our home game and to the game of poker), call me all the way to the river. She was calling with A high, but unlucky me the Ace did come. The funny thing, she would call my big bets with A high, but earlier, she had two pair and wanted to fold it when Scott was betting hard into her.

I was finally crippled at the final table when I called Mooney's allin with A4s on a 567 rainbow flop. Mooney is perfectly willing to push with air so I was 90% confident my A high had him beat and I knew if I called other similar hands would fold. When I called Mooney turnd over 79o. I did catch an A on the turn, but another 7 came on the river. I'm left with 25 chips when the blinds are either 75/150 or 100/200 (I'm not sure exactly which). I'm allin the next hand and with lots of betting and calling I know I'm toast. And it's confirmed when Jessie turns over quads.

Jason came in third, Adam came in second. And a surprising first was Jen. She was definitely excited. She knows how to play poker, but she also knows she's not very good at it.

Also, Adam invited Rob and I to a tournament in Strathroy. It's a $30 buy-in and he says usually about 80 people buy-in, so we agreed to go. I've never played in a real live tournament, so this should be fun. I believe it's next week, so I will have to write up a trip report.

No comments: