Sunday, March 25, 2007

Good Cash Game

Rob and I hosted our monthly home game today. Unfortunately, I was scheduled to work until midnight, so I wasn't in for the tournament, but the cash game was still running so I joined that.

I was quite surprised by the play this month. Typically, it's just call, call, call, min bet, min bet, min bet and then showdown. This time, there were quite a few hefty raises and actual laydowns. I decided to donk it up a bit since it was just a $10NL game, and was calling with any suited cards or any paint. I got all in with a weak hand and knew I was behind and ended up with only 40 cents left. I then push with K2s and catch a flush and triple my stack. I get short again, and go all in dark for 60 cents total. I didn't look at my cards until the river when all of us still in showed. Surprisingly, I had ended up with a pretty decent hand--I had A5o and had caught two pair. I built my stack up and get all in on the flop with a pair of Kings, Jack kicker. Brett calls me with a 7 high flush draw--he too was donking it up and he usually does for the cash games. He doesn't complete his flush but catches his two pair instead--sevens and threes. Yuck. Anyway, the game doesn't last too much longer and I end up only down about a buck. It seems Jeff made the best of the cash game and he walked away with over $20.

No comments: