Saturday, June 23, 2007

50 FPPs

So, I decided to play in a 50FPP $1000 freeroll today. It was a limit hold'em tourney so I figured there would be a smaller field so bigger final table payout. Not that I'm the greatest at limit, but I can hold my own.

I was hitting the deck huge. If I was able to see a flop with pocket pairs, I would flop a set. There were only a couple times I didn't and it was usually when I had AA and QQ, so I didn't mind not getting the set with those hands. Also, as is typically with a lot of limit players, I was getting called down a lot with middle pair or worse.

So I grinded my way through the field, hovering around average stack until I made it to the money. Then I actually started picking up speed. My stack grew and grew and I stayed around top 10. As people were eliminated, final table looked easier and easier to get to. And I did. It's been a while for me to final table a tourney so it was a nice feeling. And people continued to be eliminated. It was finally head's up. But I had a third of his stack. I tried, but he was hitting the deck harder than me, so I finished second. I'm not complaining though, second paid $132.50. Not bad for 4 hours play and 50FPPs.

No comments: