Friday, November 02, 2007

Annoying Cake

Ok, so when I do get a chance to play poker online, I play at Cake. I've got a bonus to clear there, plus the rake back. But playing there can be annoying, at least for me. And because of one of their promotions, not for how the players play, or the crappy software or anything like that.

One promo is frequent player points, which get you gold chips. They can be used to buy-in to tournaments, or buy stuff from their catalog. You get a certain amount based on the amount of rake is for each hand you are dealt into. This one doesn't bug me.

It's the other damn promo that's pissing me off. The gold card promo. This is where when you play the cash games one of your cards can become a gold card. There's not much you can do with them, but sometimes you can "sell" them back for cash. Now getting these cards is random. And it's only for raked pots. But you are supposed to get them once in a while. I've been playing about 1-2k hands a month (yes not a lot compared to pros, but still) for the last 3 months and I've got ZERO!!! Rob played for half a month maybe 500 hands and he got one about halfway through that!!! This is what is annoying me. I want a freaking gold card, dammit!!!!!!

No comments: