Sunday, March 23, 2008

Running Bad

So, last month's league night, I was hot, hot, hot. This month, I couldn't have been colder.

During the tournament, I was crippled by Adam's QJ (I think it was)after I called his all-in with AK. I was basically left with one BB, so I was done.

When the cash game finally got going, there were a ton of straddles, so it was definitely a big pot poker game. So, I was able to get all my chips in ahead with 99, to be called by K2 and Q9, the Q9 won by catching a straight. I got it all in with AJ. I don't remember the opposing hands, but I didn't win.

The sickest hand was when my AA was cracked by A9 and QT. I raise UTG and get three callers. The flop is J99. The pot is so big and there's only a couple of hands I'm behind, so I push. And all three call again. As you can see above, there was an A9, a QT, the third had J7. QT actually took the whole pot, catching runner, runner tens for the better boat.

My final hand of the night was KK. I get it allin preflop against 55 and 22. The deuces spike their set on the turn, winning the huge pot.

Bah, poker is the devil.

No comments: