Sunday, August 10, 2008

Razz-amatazz

I love razz (well at least until variance kicks in and I start to lose). It's amusing to watch donks, call a completed bet with a J showing. Or two guys raise and reraise, one with a pair and a high card showing, and another with nothing much better.

So far, I play tight, unless I have to bring in, I'm not in the pot unless all 3 cards are 8 or lower. Basically, I tend to have a made hand by 5th or 6th so I don't have to worry about drawing. I so love watching everyone else continue to chase though.

I've actually taken to smack talking a bit. Basically, I will tell my opponent what I have as I bet into them (I always have a strong hand when I do this). For whatever reason, they never believe me and call me down. Well, that or they like to chase.

One fun hand, I had 234 and I ended up HU against a guy showing a 6. I had completed and he had raised. Before 4th, I say in the chat, "Six high is no good here." My hand stays low on the next card and he says, "I have pocket Aces." I respond with "That's awesome." I have nothing but rag cards showing and he thinks AA in the hole is good. He obviously thought he joined Stud Hi or H/L. He probably thought I was a super-donk until the chips shipped my way.

No comments: