Saturday, April 29, 2006

$2 Turbo Rebuy WSOP Satellite

I had 7 W$ in my account so I figured I would use them up in a WSOP Satty. I kinda like the rebuys. It's nice to be able to play super reckless for a change. I started well in this one.

I didn't play much for about an orbit and a half, limped and folded a couple times. Then came KK, the kiss of death. Of course I pushed. Amazingly, they held up. Then a few hands later AK. I push and win. Another couple hands, AK again. I push and they hold. I take two people out this time too, for whatever reason, they decided not to rebuy. An orbit later, AK. I push but everyone folds. I show. Big slick seemed to be the hand for me today. Only other hand of note before the rebuy period ended was when in the SB, I get dealt QTs. I'm a huge stack, in third overall, so when a small stack (approx 1k in chips) moves all-in, I call. There were two other callers as well. I ended up flopping two pair, so I push. Both opponents call. One had a flush draw, the other had TP. Neither of their hands improve. The initial raiser didn't catch anything. I take all their chips and move into first.

After the rebuy ended, I stayed tight and just focused on winning a seat. Seventy-five in total, about 290 people left in the tournament. I get dealt QQ twice during this period. Double someone up the one time, then get myself doubled up. Push a short stack all in with AQ, he has 66, I don't improve. I wasn't worried about the loss of chips, they were never enough to cripple me. And other than that, I pretty much coasted to the satellite seat.

I've unregistered, as it was to a $33 rebuy and since I only have one buy-in, it's not worth it to play. Woot! I have 34 W$ now.

No comments: