Tuesday, May 02, 2006

In the money!

Well, not counting the satellite seat I won a few days ago. I've finally made it to the money in a tournament. It's a $2.20 and started with 721 players. I definitely wasn't playing well. Very tight passive, but I also wasn't catching anything. Before first break and a micro limit tourney, you just don't bluff. It'll only cost you chips. There is always one person at the table that will call you to the river with any two cards.

After second break, blinds had caught up to me, so I went all in with A8s, got called by AQ. Booo. Down to 400 chips (blinds 300/600 plus 50 ante). BB gets to me and I can even post the full amount. Surprisingly, I'm dealt AKs. Unfortunately, there are 3 limpers. A guy with A5 catches a five and I'm out in 91st. Pay-out $2.88. Sigh, I guess it's better than nothing.

No comments: