Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Talking Poker Forum League II

Well, I would have posted this last night, but my computer sucks ASS!! If it's been on for an extended period of time and I've been running a few programs, it tends to over heat and then it shuts itself down. Yup, just as I started logging the events of yesterday, POOF, my computer was off! Fortunately, it's only done this once while I was actually in a tournament, but I was being a dumbass and trying to do too many things at once, so it was my own fault.

So, for the League Tournament. It was a nice turn-out, 14 people registered. I started out well. I caught a set of sixes on the flop against lightfungus. He bet, I raised, he re-raised all-in, I called. He turns over QQ. I leave him with 20 chips. That was the BB.

It was nice to double up early, but I didn't end up doing anything with it. I did loosen up a bit, playing a few more drawing hands than I usually do, trying to catch a nice flop, but never did. I just ended up whittling away my lead and having to tighten up again. In fact, by final table, I was short stacked. And soon the blinds were such that I was all-in or fold. Crappy.

Nothing much else happend for me. I moved all-in alot and stole a few blinds, but just never seemed to move my stack up. Of course, I was the person who just wouldn't die. Bigger stacks just kept getting eliminated before me. When I did get a bit of a stack where I didn't need to push, I was dealt 55 and decided to just raise. EsqWire (Aeq), called. I bet the flop (642) and he raised. I thought about it hard, I really wondered if he had an over pair. I did notice he paused before raising, so I suspected he was either trapping or was trying to get me off my hand. I put him on two over cards and figured that since I had a gut-shot and the 2 fives as outs, I'd take the chance and hope that I was ahead. I moved all-in. Well, I was right, he had K9o. Unfortunately, the 9 came on the river and I was finally eliminated. I finished in 5th. No money, but I did get league points. Woohoo, a whole 7 of them!! :)

Aeq ended up winning and Rob came in second. GG.

No comments: