Monday, May 08, 2006

PL $1.10

So joined a PL tournament. I was aware that it was PL when I joined, I just felt like playing in a tourney and it was the next micro limit one to start. I also figured PL isn't too much different than NL, so I should be able to do well.

There were a few differences that were hard to get used to. For example, early in the tournament, there was no all-in donk fest like in NL tournaments. There are no antes. This was weird for me. I like in NL when antes come in. It really makes stealing blinds that much more important. And, when you get short-stacked. It's a lot harder to double up. Unless you have several limpers or it's raised in front of you, you can't go all-in pre-flop.

I caught a lot of flops early. Usually from one of the blinds as well, so it was easy to disguise my hand. Got up to about 3k in chips, then went no where. At least I kept picking up a few hands here and there so my stack size stayed the same, but with the blinds going up, I really needed a monster hand. Then came the bubble. I didn't make it past. I was crippled because of the blinds and decided to push when I was dealt 66 in the BB (that's how few chips I had that I was able to do that). An early position limper called with ATo. He caught a T on the flop and that was that. Out in 38th, 36 places paid.

Today's Win/Loss: $-1.10
Bankroll: $786.63

No comments: