Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Bonus Whoring

I've been chasing bonuses a lot lately. I had an existing bonus at Ultimate Bet and have been seeing what I can do with clearing it at the micro limits there. I've got two at Titan, a regular reload and a reload for not playing there in a while. I started clearing it, then Party offered one. Since the Titan one expires later than the Party one, I've pulled my money from there and have since taken and completed the party one.

I also went to Absolute Poker and received a sign up bonus there. I don't think I will clear it though. I didn't realize when I deposited that the minimum rake for points is $0.50. To get a rake that big means at least a $10 pot and that means playing stakes a little too high for me. Even at Titan where I need a rake of $0.25 is kinda pushing my bankroll a bit (and my comfort zone). I've actually taken my money out of Absolute for now, I might go back if I keep doing well at these bonuses and build up a little more money. But it also taught me to check poker sites bonus completion rules before depositing.

Right now I also deposited at Doyle's Room for their bonus. I like their point system. It's called Action Points. These points build up based on the action that occurs during the hand. Which means the more you bet or raise the more the action points. And then at the end of the those points are split up and given to the players that participated. It also means I can play micro limits and clear my bonus. It's not as fast or as easy as Party, but it's a lot better than playing stakes that need a high rake. Plus, from what I could find, the bonus doesn't expire, so I can take my time completing it.

This bonus thing is actually working out pretty well. I've built up my bonus bankroll (I've got money in Stars that I've decided not to touch for bonus hunting) from $50 to $120. Plus I have about $150 in pending bonuses right now. And, the more I earn, the bigger bonuses I can get at other sites.

No comments: