Friday, February 09, 2007

Back To Basics

Ok, so I decided not to take a break. I've been playing a little bit, but not much. A few Sngs, a couple of tourneys. I played a $25PL table at Stars the other day. Anyway, I think if I'm going to keep playing, I need to get back to the basics, back to continuously working on my game. I haven't read a poker book in a while and I think I need to start up again. I plan on re-reading Harrington on Hold'em again. There are a few I haven't read yet that I think I should. The "Book of Tells" and "Kill Phil" are on my list. I've been content to stay at the level I'm comfortable at. It's time I get serious about moving up again. I may not do well everytime I take a stab at moving up, but that's normal. And that's where bankroll management comes in. Get rolled for moving up, try it, if need be move back down, if not, build the roll and move up again. It may be a long time before I'm playing $1/$2 since I don't play very many hands, but I should eventually get there.

No comments: