Sunday, May 27, 2007

Big Slick Suited

So another home game at Robbie Robb's and my place last night. Rob was worried we'd have a poor turnout, but we ended up have about the same as any other night.

My tournament didn't last long. During the 30/60 blind levels, Mike to my right raises all in for about 900 chips, I look down and see AcKc, so I re-raise all in for about 2500 total. Then Jason to my left starts to think. You can tell he really wants to call, but he's hesitant. Unfortunately, he makes the call and has me covered. We flip our cards, Mike has QJo (I forget which suits), and Jason had KdQd. I have them both dominated...so what comes on the flop? A Queen and a Jack! I catch a flush draw on the turn, but the river is a blank and I'm out.

The rest of the night, was filled with waiting, the cash game didn't get started until about only 2 or 3 people left in the tournament. Although, that ended up us having our first full table for the cash game, usually we play short-handed.

I started off well. First hand I'm dealt QQ, there's a limp, so I raise to 50 cents, a bunch of people fold, Mike raises it to $1, Mooney calls and I decide to push, both players are fairly loose and I figure I'm good here. Both call and we reveal. Mike has 88 and Mooney has JJ. No one improves with the board, so right away, I'm sitting with $15 in front of me. Live poker is so rigged!

No comments: