Sunday, May 20, 2007

FPP Satellites

So, I did use those FPPs I won to try and win entry to the Sunday million. I first tried the 1800 FPP 30 man turbo. Four places won entry. I ended up busting out 7th on that one. This was about a week ago so I don't remember how I busted, but I was getting short so I was in push or fold mode and my hand just didn't hold when I was called.

Today, I tried the 2700 FPP 20 man turbo. Again, four places paid entry. The deck was hitting me nicely throughout the tournament. Pocket queens a couple times, both times I was able to get all in and they held. Jacks held up when I called an all in. Pocket tens eliminated another opponent. Even AKs won a couple hands. I was chip leader for most of the tournament. It only took about 40 minutes to play. So quick is nice, especially when you never know when the little one is going to need your attention.

I think I like the second satellite better of the two (and not just because, I won). Sure, it costs more, but more places pay per entry. But since the two satellites combined work out to 4500 FPPs (fortunately, I had earned a few at the $50NL tables), it will be a while before I can play this one again.

I've already unregistered from the tourney. I really want to play, but I don't think it's a good idea. One, it's in the middle of the afternoon when I have to worry about getting supper ready for Alex and two, there's no guarantee I will make it to the money. I will probably sell the T$, but I might wait a bit. I told Rob if I could win two Satellites, I'd play the Sunday million with one and sell the T$ I get from the other.

No comments: