Friday, May 04, 2007

Bored

I was bored tonight and didn't feel like playing serious poker, so I first decided to join a 400 FPP WSOP qualifer. That turned out ot be a crapshoot with people going all in with marginal hands. I raised with AQs and was raised all in. Since I know I was probably a favorite based on previous hands he shown down, I quickly called. I soon learned that A9o>AQs, he had flopped his nine and I caught nothing.

Still bored, I then joined a 40FPP rebuy WSOP qualifier. I think I had to rebuy something like 7 times. I was just not getting lucky tonight...maybe a carry over from yesterday? There were actually a couple people yelling at some of the players for going all in preflop. I guess they had never played rebuys before since that is the basic strategy for the game. After rebuys were over, I folded alot. I did try to suck out on someone when I called with A3 versus their 55, I was already in the BB and it was not much more for me to call.

My luck finally turned though. On the button, I have KQo and it's folded to me. I move all in which isn't even enough to cover the BB and pray (it was a turbo, blinds were hurting everyone at this point). The flop comes 4Q4 and I win a much needed pot. After that hand, although I wasn't getting too many hands preflop, if I did see the flop, I was hitting. I was able to coast my way through the rest of the tournament and was able to qualify.

I've actually unregistered from the other tournament. I'm working when it starts, but it was worth 4000FPPs. Not too bad, but I have no idea what I'm going to use them for. Nothing I'm too interested in in the store right now. Maybe I'll use them for Sunday Million qualifiers.

No comments: