Friday, December 14, 2007

Time to Bitch

It's time to bitch about Cake again. If you've been keeping up with my blog, it quite upsets me that I don't have a Gold Card and, yes, I am STILL cardless! But that's not what I want to bitch about.

I read 2+2 on a semi-regular basis so I knew from posts on there that withdrawing via cheque was a hassle. A lot of personal info had to be mailed in first to be verified. Mostly, this was to protect Cake from credit card fraud. I understand that, it's a huge issue with online poker sites.

Well, I didn't want to go through those hoops, so I set up a Moneybookers account and tried a test withdraw for $50 from Cake to the new account. And then I waited and waited and waited and waited. Four days later, I gave up on waiting. Something was obviously not going through and I was worried it was my Moneybookers account as I didn't plan on funding it first. I already have money in the poker sites I play at, I don't need more.

So anyway, I emailed them. Now, I'm actually impressed with their response time. I think I received an email back within a couple hours. What I'm not impressed with is even with a Moneybookers account, I have to send in a whole bunch of crap. Photocopy of my credit card, front and back, copy of my statement. Copy of a utility bill. Ugh. I didn't want to have to do this. And what the hell? Why did it take an email from me first about my withdraw before they tell me how to get it processed? Why not an auto email or notes on the withdraw page so I didn't have to wait four days to find out I couldn't get my money?

Now this doesn't really piss me off--too much--what really makes me mad is that yes it's to protect against fraud, but I was only taking out $50. Now I'm not saying small amounts should go through, but what gets me is I have a ton more money still in my Cake account. So if they really did have an issue after my withdraw, they still have the rest of my funds to confiscate. There is no risk letting me take that $50! Plus, I deposited ages ago. If there was going to be a dispute on my deposit, it would have happened already!

Let me have my damn money!

No comments: