Sunday, June 22, 2008

Suck-out City

No online poker yet today, but I did play live last night. Of course, it was just our monthly home game.

I ended up busting out of the tournament 6th, so no points that way, but I did have two kills so some points there. Good thing, because Brett is in second for the overall league and he came in 3rd to start catching up to my 1st place in the league.

The cash game was awesome last night. At one point, there were 10 of us at the table--it was very crowded. I started out well early, doubling my buy-in, then later losing most of it too Mooney. I will have to admit, Mooney is developing a LAGgy style that is beginning to work for him. He's starting to place high in the tournaments and last month, he made about $100 at the cash game.

Anyway, it gets to the end of the night, most of the people had left and we still had 5 people playing cash, but it was pretty much everyone's last hand. For the last two hands, Mooney had been going all in dark. Since, I only had a few bucks left in front of me, I decided to do the same.

So the hand is dealt, I'm UTG, the guy to my left folds, then it's Mooney, already all in, then it's Jeff, since he's the SB and he's up against two random hands, he calls, then Brett in the BB states he's all in too! Wow, this is turning into a crazy hand. Jeff calls, since most of his chips were already in the pot. I had 94s, I forget Mooney's hand, Jeff had something like Q9s and Brett? He had AA! What a hand to get at just the right moment.

The board is dealt and we are all laughing. My suit was spades, I get two on the flop, either Jeff or Mooney pair, the turn is blank, then the river.........another spade!!!! I burst out laughing, I was expecting to go broke and I come away from the end of the night with a good profit. Since I was short, there was a side pot, so Brett didn't lose too much with his AA as his hand held up against the other two.

Poker night is always a blast and this was another great night with a funny ending. We are looking forward to next month's. It's our BBQ too and we will be switching the game from freezeout to $2 rebuy. We are expecting a bigger prize pool than normal. Let's hope I win that and get closer to a lock on first for the league. :)

No comments: