Monday, July 21, 2008

Staking

So I've been frequenting the PTP forum a lot lately. It's basically a forum to buy and sell pieces of poker players. I don't plan on setting up a stake for myself (at least not yet), but I think I will start using some of my bankroll to stake others. If they make a profit, it's easy money for me.

It's a very busy site and unfortunately, there is always the risk of getting rolled (backing someone who runs off with your money instead of playing). I'm hoping this won't happen too often, but I'm prepared for it. I do plan on being proactive towards preventing it. There are a few people who are on PTP that came from TalkingPoker, so those will the ones I back first. Also, if they back anyone and I'm interested, I might put my money on them as well.

I'm hoping by doing this, I will start make a steady profit. I set a portion aside for more backing, a portion for my own roll and a portion to cash out. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope this works out.

No comments: