Sunday, September 21, 2008

Poker League

As always our monthly home game was fun. It was a small turnout, only 10 people, but we had 2 new players. The reason for the smaller turnout was Mike and Jen finally had the baby. A new baby boy, Wesley Michael.

Anyway, we decided to play only one table. Brent and Adam busted early, but early enough, that they were allowed to rebuy, making the prize pool that much juicyier. Unfortunatly, I wasn't getting the cards and didn't make money or points. I tried to double up when short with AQ, but Mooney called with A3 suited and hit his flush to knock me out.

Eventually, Mooney lost all the chips I gave him and a cash game was started. The cash game was where the deck loved me. Within a few orbits, I had Mooney all in 2 or 3 times. Plus near the end of the night, I had him all in a couple times and each time, I either doubled up or busted him. I bought in for $7 and cashed out with over $30. Nice!

Rob ended up making the money in the tourney, plus he scored a nice stack at the cash game too, so a very profitable night for our family.

No comments: