Wednesday, May 03, 2006

TP.com HU Tournament

Well, it was a small field. Only six people registered and Mark (TP himself) must have forgot about it because he never played a single hand.

Two people received a bye. Boobie Lover and TP. I was up against Studiopet and Rob was against JD. My match with Studio was very good. The blinds almost got to 75/150 we played for so long. And we were passing chips back and forth for the most part. Finally, I got Studio down to a small stack. Of course in HU I find that harder to play against. You have to be careful of what you play because you never know when that short stack will decide to go all-in. When he finally did, he flipped J9s and I called KTo. And that was it for Studio. Once again, it was a really good game.

Then Boobie was matched with TP. Lucky bastard, all he had to do was watch TP fold his blinds and he'd be taking down at least 2nd. I was matched with Rob. Man, was it weird playing HU with him sitting in front of his computer on the other side of the couch. Of course it doesn't help that I have monster tells at the computer. I have a tendancy to talk to and shake my head at things going on at the screen. As well, we could hear each others mouse clicking. So we usually knew when a raise was coming.

I didn't last long against Rob. He goes all-in on a chance a lot more than I'm willing to. The last hand, he raised PF, I re-raised and he pushed. I had AQ and figured with Rob willing to move in with any pocket, any A and any K, I had a decent chance with my hand. I called and he showed 44. Sigh, I didn't catch a Q or an A. Ah well, it was fun to play against him.

And of course, the luckbox Rob went on to take out Boobie and win the whole damn tournament. But the good thing is, he is having a better month this month than he did last month (so far).

No comments: