Thursday, May 04, 2006

WSOP $16 Double Shootout

Tried one of these today. I had some W$ and enjoyed the last DS I played so figured, "Why not?" Not many people joined, only 44, so the tables were very short-handed. Our table started with 4 people. One guy was eliminated within a few hands and we played with 3 of us. It was a very good table. Chips were passed back and forth for quite some time. All of us were short-stacked at least once and were able to build back up.

I became short stacked at 75/150 blinds. I'm in the SB and get dealt J5s. I complete (I play very loose this short, not sure if that is a good idea). Flop comes J5T. I bet, my opponent raises. I move all-in. Time to double up or get knocked out. He flips over AA. I'm in the lead for now. Then the turn comes a T and the river doesn't help either of us. I'm out.

I think as long as I have the funds, I will play these every once in a while. I may not have got past the first stage yet, but I have enjoyed playing.

No comments: