Thursday, January 04, 2007

Some Updates

Well, so far this year, poker has been what you expect from poker. Some ups, some downs. I've played a few $5.50 SNGs; those did not go well at all. I did not make it to the money in any of them. And after checking Poker Tracker, well, I think I need to stop playing these. Although it's a small sample, it's still very telling. I've played 16 (lifetime, not just this month) and only made the money once and that was a second. Yuck!

I'm back to cash games for a bit, my work schedule lately has made it hard for me to find the time to put into tournaments. So far, $10NL is treating me well. I'm up, but knowing me, that could change. My cash games are chock full of swings. I guess it's to be expected, but I'm sure they are bigger than normal variance. I think I get impatient after folding and folding and folding, then when I finally get a hand to play, I don't want to get off it since I've been waiting so long to play. I also think I'm way too tight, but at micro-limits it's probably better to be too tight than too loose.

And finally, the Wii will be coming soon. I think Rob and I will start hunting for one anytime we go out now. Hopefully, stores will start to have them in stock. Plus Rob won a $3.30 triple shoot-out on stars so he's using that money to buy an X-box 360. I'm thinking poker will soon be taking a back seat to gaming.

No comments: